So this may not seem like it's important enough to warrant a post, BUT it is! I asked Landon to do something that was very difficult for him, and he did it willingly and without fuss!!!
We were playing outside, where pretty much anything goes except for going in the street, and throwing toys and balls into the street. By the way, you would be amazed how far a soccer ball rolls down a street after being thrown by a 21 month old child. But that's another post.
So Landon couldn't resist going into the road. He received a warning from me the first time, but the second time he did it, I bent down to his level and explained that he needed to take his ball and go inside because he had broken a rule by running into the street. And would you believe that my sweet munchkin picked up his ball, turned around, walked up the steps, opened the door and walked calmly inside?
Ahh...it's only 5:30 but I wish I could call it a day. There's no way this day could end any better for me! We have been working on this discipline stuff for months and I'm finally starting to see a chink in the armor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment