Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cool at the Pool

Sorry that I haven't posted lately. I've been relaxing poolside! Umm, well not quite. Close, though.

This year we joined our neighborhood swim and racquet club, and Landon and I have been enjoying the pool pretty much everyday! The pool is kind of like a highschool cafeteria: everyone knows their place. The ladies of leisure line up on the chairs that are angled towards the morning sun, for prime tanning. The older kids hang out at the far end of the pool, the farthest away from the clubhouse attendant and the kiddie pool. And the stay at home Moms hang out on the steps of the big pool (if their kids are slightly older), while the stay at home Moms (and nannies) of babies and toddlers hang out in the separate wading pool.

And that's where you will find Landon and I if you need us - avoiding the heat and mosquitos and splashing around. Landon likes it so much that he has a hard time leaving everyday. I'm actually still working on an effective exit strategy that doesn't leave me frazzled for the next hour.

Let's just say that the first time we left the pool, it was with me juggling our towels, bag, a swim noodle, and a screaming toddler, while everyone else pretended not to notice (for my sake I'm sure). The highlight of this exit was the fact that Landon knocked out one of the lenses of my sunglasses during the ruckus, so I looked a little bit hillbilly.

Today's exit went a little better, thanks to a suggestion from the hubby. This time, I was able to easily glide the entire "ruckus" out of the pool on our good ole standby, the Bob stroller. Of course, once we got home, Landon dove out of the car and started running for the pool. I felt like a prison guard corralling an inmate. But a very nice prison guard, who served her prisoner a pb&j sandwich shortly after :)

No comments:

Post a Comment