Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sir, Please Step Out of the Car

Today Landon and I met my Mother for a day of lunch, playing, and shopping - such a nice day!

We wrapped up our day and headed to the car, where Landon wanted to drive of course. Since I had to load the car, and I wanted to get the A/C going, I cranked the car for Landon, then Mom sat up front with him so that he could "drive". After I loaded up the car and put away his stroller, and he had changed all of the settings on the dash, I walked up to his window to watch him firsthand.

The front window was cracked several inches, so I leaned in and jokingly pretended to be a State Trooper pulling him over. I told him that he was speeding, then pretended to notice how young he was, and asked to see his id. I told him that if he wanted to get out of a ticket, his best shot was to speed away right then, because I was pretty sure that he wasn't old enough to drive, and I really needed to check his license. He started chuckling at my joke, which Mom and I thought was cute.

This is where it gets funny though.

Landon reached down to the center console, found a business card, and shoved it out the window towards me - all the while, doubling over with laughter. I pretended to read it, then told him it looked like a fake id, so he broke into even more laughter, then pushed another piece of paper out the window at me!

Lucky for him, his "second license" seemed legit; but the little guy wanted his first "fake id" back. When I asked him if he wanted his first fake id back so that he could pretend to be 21 and buy beer, he laughed hysterically again!

Who knew that a fake traffic stop could provide so much laughter for three generations?

No comments:

Post a Comment