This statement isn't entirely off base. Phillip and I both come from good country folk who enjoy sweet tea, biscuits, fried chicken, and gravy. But despite all of this, I rarely fry anything, and rarely make gravy.
Last night was an exception.
Yesterday was cool and blustery, so I thought we needed to enjoy one last winter meal before spring kicked in and we ventured more towards grilling and eating salads during the warm weather. I made pot roast with carrots, celery and onions, mashed potatoes and gravy, and swiss chard. Landon also had fresh fruit. I happily set the table and called the boys to eat, but Landon refused to climb into his chair and kept trying to sit in our chairs instead.
I couldn't figure it out, then looked at the plates and noticed that Phillip and I had gravy on our potatoes, whereas Landon did not. I remedied the gravy situation, and the little guy climbed right up. And proceeded to dip a strawberry into the gravy!
After eating all of his potatoes and gravy, Landon started on mine. Finished in record time! Phillip got up to refill my plate so we could give Landon some more, and after he served the potatoes, he walked back to the table with the gravy pan, at which point Landon said, "Oh, good, good, good, good, good!". (To hear this in your head, imagine when he uses his "gully-gully" voice...if you've ever heard Landon talk for more than brief periods, you are probably familiar with his interesting style!)
How funny is that? I guess gravy does make everything better, huh? Landon was so happy after dinner that he laughed more than he has ever laughed in his entire life. I didn't want to stop the spontaneous fun that all of us were having in his playroom, so I don't have any video of the apparently hysterical easter egg game I made up, but I do have some pictures of Landon chowing down...
No comments:
Post a Comment