Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New Point of View

Today when Landon and I ran an errand at Target, he was very much in need of an energy release. After a torrential downpour the night before, our yard and the park were too wet for playtime, so I let Landon run loose in the store. I might regret this the next time we are in a store and he wants to walk on his own, but for today, it was fun!

My favorite part of letting Landon wander wherever he wanted was to see what caught his eye. At first I had a cart with me, but after he started loading it up with his finds, I had to abandon it so I could keep up with him and curtail any messes.

These were a few of his favorite things: a two-tiered Easter egg display tray, a navy bean bag, a Disney cars toddler luggage set, about 17 assorted sports balls, a lawn mower and two dump trucks.

My favorite part of our outing occurred when he wowed a Target employee with one of his new skills - throwing a ball backwards between his legs. He found a toy football, immediately squatted down on the ground, and hiked the ball through his legs like a baby quarterback! I guess all those times I yelled "blue 42" while we were playing with his football have paid off!

No comments:

Post a Comment