Monday, February 21, 2011

Where's My Promo Money?

When Landon had his surgery, I bought him a little gift to distract him from his discomfort and cheer him up: a toddler-sized grocery cart. He had been admiring it every time we went into our local baby boutique, and is very happy to have it at home.

Most days he pushes the cart around from room to room, collecting objects. He even has some empty food containers that I have washed out for him. But his favorite thing (and my favorite thing too!) is to go shopping for real food in our pantry. He cracks Phillip and I up with his choices.

For example, one day he selected 5 oatmeal creme pies, a pouch of Duncan Hines frosting, and a chocolate bar. Can you tell that my baking supplies are on the bottom shelf?

Yesterday he decided that he only wanted a Diet Dr. Pepper. And just like his Mom, he thought it was delicious! After he selected it, he tapped his fingers on the top of the can, tried to open the tab top, then pretended to take a long sip. When he was finished "drinking", he smacked his lips, said "aaaaaahhhhhh", then placed it into his cart and went on his way.

He does that about 75% of the time when he's drinking. I think he's waiting for his promo money to come in from sponsors; this baby wants a Sprite commercial for real!

I sometimes wish that I could constantly carry around a video camera to catch these everyday moments of his - they are so funny to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment