Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yes!

Yesterday Landon and I played a little game during lunch. To practice his speaking skills, I asked him if he would care for another ravioli after he finished each one; to which he was to answer "yes" or "no". This is a transcript of how the game played out...not to ruin the ending, but the score was Landon 2, Mommy 0.

Me: Okay Landon, would you like another ravioli? If you do, say "yes"
Landon: nothing but a blank stare and the sound of crickets
Me: All right, well I'll assume that's a yes and give you another one
Landon: (with his mouth full and both arms in the air) YES!!!
Me: (chuckling) well okay then!

Several ravioli later with no response...this was a bit of a one-sided game:

Me: Ok sweetheart, say yes if you would like another ravioli
Landon: (in a bored voice oddly reminiscent of Seinfeld) yeah, yeah, yeah

Umm, how funny is our baby? Yeah, THAT funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment