On Saturday, Phillip's father traveled to our house for some golf and lunch to celebrate his 64th birthday. While Landon napped we sat upstairs in the bonus room with some snacks and watched golf, then later that evening we all headed downstairs. If you know me at all, you know that I couldn't bear to leave the dirty dishes upstairs in the bonus room, so of course I grabbed them all up and headed down the stairs.
I was wearing a cute sundress that day (thanks Mom and Michael Kors!), and didn't want to flash Phillip's Dad as I stepped over the baby gate at the bottom of the steps, so I carefully maneuvered myself and the glasses and plates over the baby gate. Not carefully enough though. I fell, but the suspension gate caught me, then gave away at the top...allowing me to gracefully step down to the solid floor! (At least that's how I remember it in my head...but the music from the Microsoft "Windows was my idea" commercial is playing in my head as I write this which leads me to think that I may have made myself look thinner and more graceful in my flashback.)
Anyway, Landon of course lost it...full out chuckles. Evidently it's hilarious if your very best friend in the entire world, who holds you and rocks you and kisses and feeds you, almost falls flat on her face.
Phillip's Dad, who is never one to miss a good pun said "Wow, that was a close one...you really could have busted your glass on that one!". And Landon lost it again! Who knew that an eleven month old had such a mature sense of humor?
I mean seriously, Landon was almost slapping his knee. He was laughing that hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment