I am so tired of going to stores to shop for baby clothing, only to walk out disappointed because there are so few items for boys! We went to Nordstrom today (Anniversary Sale!) and there were literally less than 15 individual items of clothing in Landon's size. Of those 15, several were repeats, so there were really only 4-5 options! As I told Phillip as we walked away, "it's so disheartening!". He thought that was an exaggeration, but as someone who loves fashion, and loves communicating through clothes, it really is disappointing to me to see so few pieces for boys, and THREE entire rounders of sale items for girls - not to mention the full price merchandise! (Full disclosure - Nordstrom did have several boys infant outfits, and tons of boys kids clothes, just very little from 12months to 2T).
To add insult to injury, we finally found shoes to fit Landon, and they are the ugliest things ever! I was kind of excited for his first pair of shoes and imagined how sweet they would be, only to have my hopes dashed as even Stride Rite had a hard time fitting Landon's little cube feet. I tried to repeat to myself "get over it, it's only shoes" but apparently I was having a little Anne of Greene Gables melodramatic afternoon because I never did quite get over it. At least Landon is happy with the purchase - he is very proud of his shoes and doesn't seem to mind that they are basically velcro strap birkenstocks with orange stitch detailing! Don't think they will match any of his sailor, seersucker or chambray outfits....thank goodness he will rarely need to wear them...sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment