
Every year Phillip and some of his friends participate in a local basketball tournament. It's a fun weekend for everyone as we pack up the tent and chairs and head out to see the guys balling...and when I say "the guys", I mean the 30 yrs and older, and six foot and under teams! We were all really excited because this is the first year that the guys are 30, and we felt like they were going to win it all! As Phillip said "we are never going to be any younger, and we are probably never going to be this tall again..."
Well, they didn't win it all, but it was still a great time. Hot as all get out, but fun still the same.
Landon had a great time playing with his friends, and even tried to get in on the action with the adults. During Saturday night's cookout, as he watched the adults play cornhole he said, "I wanna play" in a baby-soft wistful voice. It was very, very sweet! And surprising. I swear I think he can talk, but just doesn't feel the need to. Why else would he say goo-goo-gaa-gaa all day, and then break out in full sentences?!?
I think Landon will be so disappointed tomorrow when it's just he and I at home...he is going to miss all the attention, especially getting to play with our friends Josh and Heather!
No comments:
Post a Comment