Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Landon and the Postal Service

Like the Postal Service, and despite rain, sleet, or snow, (or croup, ear infection and teething)Landon always delivers. And when I say deliver, I mean deliver! Energy and personality that is...

As Landon's personality continues to unfold and develop, I am equally excited and terrified about Landon's toddler years. He is a ball of energy and attacks every task with a single-minded determination that I never expected from an 8 month old. The doctors that have seen him in the last week have all commented that he doesn't act like a sick child...in fact, the words they have used are "busy", "excited", "extremely active" and my favorite, "charming". I'm not sure if these words are euphemisms for "lady you are going to be running ragged chasing him around for the next decade", but I for one love Landon's enthusiasm for exploring and learning. His penchant for mischief is pretty endearing too, although it has earned him the nickname "Dennis the Menace" from his Grandmother and Dad.

Just in case you thought Landon was lying quietly on the couch recuperating for the last week, here are some highlights from the past few days:

- Landon unbuckling his car seat harness so that he can lounge more comfortably in the car
- Landon learning to wave hello while saying "Hey"
- Landon trying to close the garage door on his Dad, while laughing of course
- Landon playing sword games with me (his spoon against the spoon I am feeding him with)
- Landon standing up in the tub and trying to turn on the faucet

Other than that it was just a normal week of Landon laughing, climbing stairs, emptying out shelves, and trying to pick up older women in public...

No comments:

Post a Comment