Last weekend we headed down to Wilmington to visit family and friends, and to attend Baby Cate's Sip-n-See! Being the beach bums that we are, Landon and I spent our fair amount of time at the beach. Landon LOVES the beach. When he first arrives, he slips his hands into the pockets of his board shorts, and surveys the waves. Then, he saunters on down to the firm sand to find the best spot to play.
At one point on our first day, Landon became very interested in the dunes. I wasn't sure if they were a protected area or not, so I didn't want him climbing around up there and tried to chase him down. He was pretty happy to wander along the edges and at one point nodded his head and said, "Hmmm, nice hill". That cracked me up - he said it so non-chalantly!
Of course, most of the time at the beach was a little more active - running through the water, playing ball with his friends, filling up buckets of water and carrying them back to the sand to fill up freshly-dug holes, and even being bitten or stung my some sort of sea creature (the doctor thinks it was a jellyfish). Little man didn't even react, so his accident didn't hold him back very much, but it did result in two doctor's visits this week...
The second day we went to the beach with our friends the Broadfoots, and joined them at the Yacht Club. Needless to say, the Yacht Club has kind of ruined Landon and I for any other type of beach experience! He loved running along the boardwalks, eating lunch in the screened-in pavilion, checking out the beach playground, and watching all the comings-and-goings.
He also loved the Wrightsville Beach playground, which we visited the next day. I'm always in awe (and sightly terrified) of how brave Landon is when it comes to playground equipment. I was scrambling around behind him, trying to give him some space to play with the big kids that he really wanted to play with, but eventually we had to leave because the older kids were running full speed and playing tag, so it was a little dangerous to have Landon running around in the middle of that. He was so disdainful of the toddler play area - he thinks that he is a big kid for sure!
We wrapped up our beach trip with some downtime at Grandma's and a peaceful drive up and down the beach to see the marshes and intracoastal waterway. I can't wait to take Landon kayaking there one day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment