Tuesday, December 28, 2010

One Man Comedy Act

Any day now, I expect Landon to tell me that he is hitting the road with his one-man comedy act, or that he has signed up to participate on Fox's latest variety show. Our little one loves to perform! He will ham it up for anyone that will watch or listen, and he has some very enthusiastic viewers (his parents)!

This morning he took charge of the Bose remote, then proceeded to go down our I-tunes playlist...doing a different little dance to each song. Al Greene's "Let's Stay Together" got a slow back and forth sway. Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line" got a right-foot stomp. Jack Johnson's "Girl I Wanna" got a series of spins. I can't think of a better way to spend a snowed-in morning.

By afternoon all three of us had cabin fever. We braved the roads out of our neighborhood, then took off on the main roads (which were all cleared) to do a little after Christmas shopping at the mall. This included a stop at Stride Rite to find some new shoes for Landon; this little one has some stompers! Every time I do laundry I have to double-check the socks, because I get his and mine confused! Luckily, mine don't have non-slip grippers on the bottom.

But, back to my story. Stride Rite is not a fun place to go normally - the employees are grossly outnumbered by rambunctious kids and the weary parents trying to round them up. Landon seemed to sense this, so when the store clerk tried to measure his feet, he turned it into a game, moving his foot at the last second and laughing hysterically.

We could not get him to put his foot on the sizer (technical term) for anything, but all three of us couldn't help but laugh along with Landon - he was having such a good time messing with the clerk. Finally, Phillip convinced him to keep his foot still and the clerk was able to check his size. I think that a toddler laughing at/with him is much better than a toddler crying at him!

No comments:

Post a Comment