


Landon is very much in the middle of a very important developmental stage - the one where he is fully aware that he is his own person, with his own wishes, and ability to decide on his own actions. Phillip and I are also in a very important developmental stage - the one where we have to transition to disciplinary roles occasionally!
These days, everything with Landon is about "I". As in "I did it", "I do", "I know". It is so cute to see him congratulate himself, celebrate himself, or assert himself...of course sometimes he's so cute that I need a Mommy time-out.
Last night at dinner after he threw his milk on the floor for the upteenth time, I said to him: "Landon, we do not throw our food in this household". I even used my serious voice! He looked me straight in the eye and said, "I do". Touche little one, you do indeed!
Good thing that we are introducing him to some new activities to help divert all of his new learning! Yesterday we took him on his first museum trip to our local kids museum, and he had a blast exploring all of the stations. His favorites were the water station, the submarine science lab and the ambulance and hospital center. I think we will be spending a lot of time there over the next few years - and the fact that it's only a few blocks from both of Raleigh's Krispy Kremes has nothing to do with that decision!
Note: no turtles were harmed in the taking of these pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment