Friday, November 12, 2010

Sweet Baby



Landon has had some fun times this week; a nice surprise for both of us, since he has been under the weather for awhile. By Thursday afternoon he was all better - and ready to play! His first fun encounter was with a beautiful little girl in Printer's Alley.

I was in their discussing bedroom drape options when he heard tinkling baby laughter from a distance, then happily found the source of the sound - a little girl his own age! Since she was running around the store, I thought it was only fair to let him join in. He ran right up to her, they looked at each other for about 10 seconds, decided they were kindred spirits, then ran off and immediately began playing and mimicking each other's actions. Between their (incidentally) color-coordinated outfits, and the beautiful fabric and design backgrounds they looked like an incredibly sweet toddler version of Hansel and Gretel. Minus all the scary fairy tale stuff!

He found his next playmate at the park, and again became instant friends with her and her 3 year old brother. The children's mother and I swang the babies back and forth on the infant swings, and somehow they were both under a very peaceful spell - rare for our munchkin. The two of them sat swaying for probably 20 minutes, cooing and making other sweet baby sounds back and forth at each other. I felt like I was swinging a pair of cooing doves - it was too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment