A few days later he wanted to try something that his Dad was eating, so he licked his finger, then pointed it at the food item that he was interested in. He kept repeating this motion until Phillip gave him a taste, both of us laughing at the "new sign language" that Landon created.
Yesterday, Landon decided to take it to the next level...while I was cleaning out the refrigerator. As I grabbed leftovers, etc from the fridge and walked with them to the sink and trashcan, Landon happily played with the condiments on the side door. Suddenly, I heard a slurping noise and realized that in less than 30 seconds, Landon had quietly removed the stopper from a bottle of Chardonnay, poured it on the floor, and was using his index-finger-licking technique to help himself to a little afternoon cocktail!
Geez - this parenting stuff is happening way too fast! Just a few weeks ago Landon had his first kiss, and now I'm going to have to talk to the little munchkin about responsibility and alcohol. I've already been warning him about texting on his phone while he's driving his car!
No comments:
Post a Comment