Since the weather has been so warm lately, it didn't quite feel like football season. So, we spent one day a few weeks ago teaching Landon to throw his arms up in the air like a referee, signaling a touchdown. It's pretty friggin' cute. What other baby can you take to a football-viewing party and have signal a touchdown when everyone yells "TOUCHDOWN"?
Of course, Landon has taken this celebratory sign and ran with it...using the touchdown signal to signify any great accomplishment. Yesterday he tried for about 2 minutes (eternity for a one year old) to knock over his learning playground toy. When he finally accomplished his task, he yelled "I did it!" and then threw his arms up to signal a touchdown. Too funny.
I have also taught Landon to give mini back massages. This one is not my fault; it can be blamed on genetics, and the fact that I am becoming my Mom, and my Grandmother. Before you know it, I will be asking him to rub my feet at the end of the day!
But if you are at our house and have a tired back, Landon can oblige. He will take any toys that he can find, one held in each hand, then give you a massage by beating on your back for about 30 seconds. It feels surprisingly good. Sometimes if you are lucky, he will even dig an elbow in there...ahh, who would have known how much my spa experiences would have changed pre-baby to post-baby?
No comments:
Post a Comment