Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just Like His Grandmothers

For the past few weeks, Landon has been focusing on running, climbing, and jumping...which doesn't leave too much time for talking. After three days at home with joint colds, and stuck inside because of the rain, Landon changed his tune yesterday. Maybe he was inspired to compete with the loud rain showers, but for whatever reason he started talking up a storm! Yes folks, I'll be here all night...

Landon said about 10 different words yesterday, but this is definitely my favorite conversation from the day:

Me: Come on honey, let's go to the kitchen so I can check on the chili.
Landon runs right up to me for a taste when he sees me take a spoonful out of the crockpot
Me: No sweetheart, this is too hot for you. Mommy will give you something else though...
Landon: a doughnut?
Me: (laughing) No, not a doughnut, but we'll find you something else.

This was especially funny to me since Landon has only tasted one bite of a doughnut, and we've never had them in the house. I concluded that he must have inherited the Krispy Kreme gene from BOTH of his grandmothers! Phillip and I always joked that his Mom never gave driving directions without including Krispy Kreme locations as landmarks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment