Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sunny Skies





Today was a great day for me. I finally got to experience something that I have looked forward to ever since Phillip and I found out we were having a little boy; having Landon get so dirty while playing outside that I had to take off his clothes before he came inside!

It was a beautiful day again today so Landon and I headed out to a park that we hadn't yet visited. This park is going to be a frequent treat for us - it's lakeside, has two playgrounds, walking trails, picnic tables and and some unique bushes.

These bushes are HUGE - there are two of them and they are both probably 10 feet round. And the best part is that over the years, kids have crafted hidden trails inside the bushes - kind of like rabbit holes.

Landon played in the bushes with two other Moms and I, plus their children, who were older, but fairly tolerant of playing with a toddler. Not at first though.

One boy said "No babies allowed!" when Landon first tried to go into the bush. After his Mom reminded him that Landon was welcome to play, another boy said "But he's not a kid! He doesn't wear underwear!". Oops - Landon accidentally showed off his diaper when he tripped - who knew that kids profiled on that these days, he he?

After the kids realized that Landon was a cool baby they accepted him, and the Moms and I chased the kids in, around, and out of the bushes for over an hour! Landon was so happy and kept giggling out loud because he was having such a good time. A little girl asked Landon why he was laughing and he said "I don't know!". I guess he was just laughing for the pure joy of it - which is something that I love about him.

Here are some pictures of Landon playing on the playground. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the catch-me game because I was too busy playing myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment