Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good Morning Sunshine!

Landon and I have so many little routines that are special to just the two of us. One of my new favorites is our wake-up routine. Whenever he awakes, I run into his room and say good morning, and then we share a little hug, and he pats my back. Then, we sit down in his glider for a minute and snuggle, while I take off his sleep sack for him. At that point, he's off to the races.

Monday morning, he jumped out of the chair, ran to open the nursery door, then shouted over his shoulder "Gotta go!". It was so cute, and something that makes me smile every time I think back to it. It's one of those little memories that are such a good snapshot of a stitch in time.

This morning, he sprinted out of the room and down the hallway. And I mean FAST. By the time I walked to the nursery door, he was nowhere to be seen (or heard). I walked down the hall, calling his name, and didn't hear any response. I peeked into the guest room then walked into the bonus room, where Landon jumped out from behind an armchair to scare me. Scare of the morning over, he nonchalantly grabbed by hand, and we walked downstairs together.

And here's where my favorite part of the morning routine comes in: looking down and watching Landon's chubby little feet navigate the stairs each morning...his small feet mimicking every step I take...too sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment