Thursday, May 20, 2010

Landon (aka Stewie)


So I have a new theory...the reason that Landon doesn't say "Mom", "Mommy", or even "Mama" is because he is like a much sweeter (and less bent on world domination) version of Family Guy's Stewie...a child genius trapped in a baby's body! So, naturally, he doesn't say "Mama" because he thinks of me as "Candice", and clearly that is too difficult to say!

If he doesn't say "Mommy" soon, then I might allow him to start calling me "Candy" in a last ditch effort to get him to call me something!!! I know he will be able to say that because last week he told his Aunt Andrea, "Hi Andy". He also has said cup, help (when he couldn't reach a toy), egg, hey daddy, higher (when his Dad was pushing him on the swing) and ball in the last week so clearly he is just teasing me now :)

This morning while I was peeling apples for some applesauce to have with lunch, he started doing the funniest thing. He would open up a kitchen cabinet about 4 inches, lean in and say "hey" and then close the door back! It was too cute! I have no idea who or what he thought might be in there, but I for one am terrified to open the doors now in case there are any mousies in there that he made friends with!

Hopefully he will make great friends with his second cousins when he meets them this weekend in Tennessee! Assuming we can all stay healthy, run errands, finish laundry and get packed in time. Maybe I should stop playing on the internet and go do some real work, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment