Monday, May 10, 2010

First Mother's Day






Our little Dennis the Menace has had a great few days - so many sweet memories for my first Mother's Day, and so many funny ones!

On Saturday, Landon and I went with Brandy and Steele to the pool for Landon's first swimming trip - and he loved it! He looked so cute with his tummy sticking out in his rash shirt, and once he hit the water he instantly calmed down and was soooo peaceful. He got a second wind later and I pushed him around the pool in his crab float while he chased Steele. I can see him doing the same thing 10 years from now - I know this won't be his only time chasing and splashing a cute girl in the pool. Hopefully it will be his first time trying to attack a cute girl to steal her oreo cookies, but that's another story!

On Sunday we had a nice morning at home, then went out to lunch and visited the Sarah Duke gardens. Landon had a great time flirting with some new friends at lunch, then rolled around the hillside on the main lawn of the gardens. He was very comfortable in his new stroller - Phillip bought me the Bob jogging stroller that I wanted for Mother's Day and Landon and I both love it!

Well, I love it at least. Landon was pouring milk from his bottle on it at the park and I said "Landon, do you realize that you are getting milk all over Mommy's new stroller?" He replied "Yeah" in the same tone as a bored teenager, so he must not be impressed with it as I am. I think that fact was reiterated today when he poured an entire bottle of Gatorade all over himself AND the Bob. Yes, our 8 month old son can open bottles apparently. It was news to me too!

But the mischief wasn't over yet. Today Landon learned how to sit and squat like a baseball catcher, and also how to dance. Evidently he also mastered our universal remote because he grabbed the tv remote from Phillip and changed the channel from SNL to the Berenstein Bears! Coincidence? Of course - but pretty remarkable nonetheless as we have about 500 tv channels!!!

Sometimes our little guy is so active during the day that he is too tired to have any dinner - we decided to put him to bed early last night after he kept laying his head down on the dinner table while I was preparing his meal...sweet baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment