Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sing-a-long

Growing up, my sisters and I were readers instead of singers. That trend still continues today; Phillip is constantly laughing at my singing. I have about a 50% accuracy rate on lyrics. Which I didn't realize would ever come back to haunt me - until BABY LULLABIES! Poor Landon, I try to sing all of the classic songs to him, but I have to do it in "Glee mash-up" fashion, since I only know the first line to every song.

Since there are only so many permutations of the same 15 first lines, I have become desperate as of late and have ventured into making up my own songs. And people, let me tell you...I am DAMN bad at it! You thought I was going to say good, didn't you?

Landon got a kick out of my getting dressed song today: "Landon, Landon let's put on your pants...put on your pants...put on your pants" and then one leg later "wearing your pants in their entirety...is an important part of being in society"!

Of course, as soon as I sang that, I couldn't help think of my sister in NYC and my friend Kate in SF - according to them (and the recent pants optional days in those cities) things are a changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment