When I heard Landon waking up from his morning nap, I ran upstairs and yelled out to him that I was coming to get him. As I walked into his nursery he raised both arms towards me and said "Momma" for the first time! Just call me "Perma-grin" from now on...
Later in the afternoon I was prepping dinner while holding Landon. Just for fun, I started playing a game with Landon where I would make very loud, obnoxious burp sounds...which he of course loved. (Side note - Landon thinks that any bodily function; burp, sneeze, etc is funny, so I wasn't really going out on a limb with this game).
After about 15 minutes of me fake-belching (and Landon chuckling), I let out a particularly believable one. Landon burst out laughing, leaned his head back, and gave me a look that said "Mom, I love you so much...you are so awesome...pretty and sophisticated, but willing to fake-burp for my entertainment". THEN, he spontaneously, as if he couldn't help himself because he was overwhelmed with his love for me, leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek!!!
Now how sweet is that? You couldn't make this stuff up if you wanted to! Except for maybe the pretty and sophisticated part...
No comments:
Post a Comment