Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bigger is Better....right?...anyone?....Bueller?

Phillip and I were talking the other day and he mentioned that I better publish another post before I lost my reader's attention. I thought he had a good point, but there hasn't been very much going on lately, except for the fact that my belly seems to grow by the second!

So people, the focus of this post is the fact that my belly is huge...not exactly Pulitzer material, but it's all I've got, so work with me! Last week I mentioned to the doctor that I was starting to have a hard time ignoring comments from random people like "are you due anyday?" or "I just can't believe how huge you are!". I asked her if I was really that huge and should start to be concerned - if not, I would continue visualizing myself as a very cute and svelt pregnant person (easy for me to do unless I catch my reflection in a shopfront)! She assured me I was a completely normal size.

So...I ignored the comments for another week...until today's appointment. I found out that the baby is measuring bigger than they thought he should, so next week we will have an ultrasound to try to determine his weight and see if our due date is the same. Yikes! I have been hyperventilating ever since. I guess my competitive nature is catching up with me on this one. Or, my baby could just appreciate stretching out and maybe he's actually quite small? (Feel free to post a comment similar to this last sentiment...hint, hint)

Maybe I should have mentioned that there are several men in our families that are 6'3" or taller? Oops...

1 comment:

  1. i hope the baby doesn't decide to come before we can get our toes painted tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete